Jack Heart Substack FAQs & Link to a Chronological Listing of Jack Heart Essays on Substack
Your Top Questions Answered
We’ve heard your questions and read your correspondence. In response I have put together this list of top questions asked and the answers to those questions to help you with immediate answers.
How do I log in with a password?
1. Navigate to the Sign in button in the top right corner of the page or head directly to this link: http://www.substack.com/sign-in
2. Select whether you'd like a secure access link emailed to you or log in using your password.
I haven’t created a Password for Substack, how do I do it?
To create a password on Substack, follow these steps:
1. Head to https://substack.com/sign-in
2. Click "sign in with password"
3. Select "Set a new password"
4. Enter your email address and click "Send Email"
What happens next?
You'll receive a password reset link to your inbox and can use that email/password combination to sign in to any of your Substack subscriptions.
How do I upgrade from being a free subscriber to a paid subscriber?
If you've initially signed up as a free subscriber to a publication and would like to view paid posts, you'll need to change your subscription plan.
To become a paid subscriber, follow these steps:
1. Log into your Substack account at
and click "Sign In".
2. Click on your profile icon and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Navigate to the Subscriptions section and click on "Edit" next to the publication you'd like to make changes on.
4. On the next page, click on "Upgrade to paid subscription".
5. Select which paid plan you'd like to subscribe to.
Note: If you're a paid subscriber to at least one publication on Substack, you can subscribe with just one-click and will not need to re-enter your credit card details. If you've only been a free subscriber on Substack, you'll be prompted to enter your credit card details.
How do I share an article or post?
There are as many ways to copy and paste as there are devices. In each article, post, podcast and email there is a share button. Click the button and put in the email address of the person you wish to share with.
This is the most straight forward for a desktop user. Go to your browser’s address bar and double click on the post address to highlight it. Once it is highlighted right click anywhere on the highlighted portion this will give you a menu. From the menu select copy. Once copied you can paste the address into an email or any social post.
For individual devices, cell phones, tablets etc. there are many ways depending on whether you want to share from an email or from a the post’s page. Look for a share button, it looks something like this on most devices and applications.
I’m a paid subscriber but can’t see the full post, why?
Check to see if you are logged in. If you type jackheart.substack.com and are presented with the screen to enter your email do so. If you click on the “let me read it first” link you will not be logged in.